Five good reasons to become a Nuclear Free Local Authority
- Your local council will be publicly demonstrating its opposition to nuclear power and nuclear weapons, and also will be showing your support for sustainable energy alternatives, helping to counterbalance the views of central government and the nuclear industry in the energy debate.
- Nominated councillors and officers are entitled to attend highly informative NFLA seminars and conferences, to stay fully briefed on nuclear issues.
- The NFLA regularly dispatch briefings on nuclear issues affecting local authorities to affiliated councils.
- Your local council will be supporting NFLA research and policy development work. Please consult the NFLA front page to see the breadth of our recent policy work.
- NFLA staff and advisers contribute their expertise to a number of Government and other UK advisory panels and committees on behalf of member authorities.